Mysterious error on synchronization

Get help for specific problems

Backitup

I'm trying to do a mirror synchronization to an external disk and I get an error "ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE: A device which does not exist was specified. [DirReaderPlus::readDir->c000000e]" text.

Pressing "Retry" has no effect.

Plerry

The obvious question then is:
How did you specify the external disk?
Type the address yourself? If so, what does it look like?
Drag-drop into a FFS GUI base location field?

Backitup

I used the "Browse" option in Synchronization Settings. This error doesn't appear always. I wonder if it's a problem with my USB hub to which the external disk is attached.

Plerry

Questionable hardware can always cause trouble.
But as your drive is apparently a USB connected drive, it could be your drive-letter is changing and causes the issue.
In that case, you can use unique volume names.

Backitup

it could be your drive-letter is changing and causes the issuePlerry, 13 Apr 2023, 08:37
Based on my experience with my drives in total, I have my doubts about this as a cause of the problem, but it's worth trying your suggestion the next time that it occurs.

Cubus

hello I know the error, because he also appeared with me.
The problem was solved only after I realized that the port to which the backup drive was first connected must always be used again.
That is, if the backup drive is connected to another port before backing up again, the error occurs again.
I hope I could help.

xCSxXenon

Port doesn't matter if drive letter is the same. USB hubs are notorious failure points though, especially as they are sometimes splitting 500mA