sync.ffs_lock in the source of mirror?

Discuss new features and functions

exSynkron

Why I need the sync.ffs_lock in the root folder of the source side of mirror?
Every time I try to sync a read/only folder i get a ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED warning.

book

Just registered to ask this same question.

I have multiple FFS routines, some are reading from read-only sources. I need the lock files for the other routines, so disabling lock files in the config is not an option. This isn't the worst problem in the world, but it would be nice not to see the warning label on the log file and the yellow exclamation triangle next to the job in the main interface. (I don't understand why these are present after setting the warning to be ignored.)

I see several possible solutions:
1. Allow us to mark a source folder as read-only, so FFS knows not to attempt to write a lock file.
2. Allow us an option to suppress "ignored" warnings in the log.
3. Both.
4. Something I haven't thought of yet.
5. Something you haven't thought of yet.
6. Something nobody has thought of yet.
7. Something you thought of just now.

Other than this I have absolutely no complaints. FFS is great and that's why I donated.

exSynkron

My normal sync task logs are all written in a customized folder and send to me by BLAT.
The read-only and not really important task logs are kept in the default log folder to not send to me and worry me.

What I could do next, giving higher rights to my read-only tasks, what is way to risky for my server(s).
My other solution will be to strip [Warning] from log filename, so my BLAT batch don't set an additional [Warning] in the subject line to alarm me.

xCSxXenon

viewtopic.php?t=9330

I do agree that being able to disable it per location and config would be nice

book

For sure this is a "would be nice" type of request. Not like anything is broken.

For now I think running a separate portable FFS is an acceptable workaround.

Cheers!:)

WilliAmaya

Yes, it would be a good improvement

fiction.edge

I would very much like this feature too, I sync about 30 folders for security reasons I don't give write access to the software