Not all files are synced

Get help for specific problems

dannys22

I have FreeFile sync batch running so that MyDocuments are synced to the cloud. It seems that not all files are being synced. As a test I made a folder on my C drive and it was copied to the cloud folder, HOWEVER, my Quicken data files does not sync since April 1 when the WD shut down their servers. I've restarted my PC, I've run the file sync program by it's self, still not getting the Quicken file to be copied to the cloud.
Thanks for the help.
Danny
p.s. Freefilesync version 11.21

xCSxXenon

Make a change in the Quicken file, run a compare in FFS. See if it it seen as a change that needs to be synced. If not, sounds like a path or filter is the issue. If it is, run a sync and check the logs for errors

dannys22

Make a change in the Quicken file, run a compare in FFS. See if it it seen as a change that needs to be synced. If not, sounds like a path or filter is the issue. If it is, run a sync and check the logs for errors xCSxXenon, 20 Apr 2023, 15:37
I see that my Quicken backup gets synced. I've made a test folder and it got synced. Everything was fine until the WD stoppage. Its just the main program doesn't get checked or gets synced. Could it be that the data file is 32Mg big???
Thanks for the help.
Danny

xCSxXenon

If it synced successfully when you ran it manually, it's likely that it is working fine with your "batch running".
How are you determining that "not all files are syncronized"

dannys22

This is what I get when doing a manual sync.
See attachment

Thanks
Danny
Attachments
Doc3.pdf
(195.85 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

xCSxXenon

Ok, so something is also changing the Quicken file on the WDMYCLOUD. FFS now sees that the file has changed in both locations and you haven't set up FFS to handle that type of conflict yet. Are you using two-way syncing or mirror?

dannys22

It's been so long since I set this up, but I think it's 2 way syncing.

xCSxXenon

Makes sense. Figure why the file is is changing on the MyCloud and stop it. Or change to mirror sync

therube

Wonder if it's not something WD has done, perhaps adding some "data" to cloud files?
(Or maybe something malware may have done when they were hacked, & subsequently "cleaned" [by WD], though the cleaning did not leave the file in the exact state it was before they hack?)

Download a copy from the cloud & compare it to your source & see if something stands out.

Or make a copy of one of your local files, or copy an existing, call it TEST.QDF.
Upload that. Wait a period of time, then check to see if it has changed on WD's end?

dannys22

So I did a file test.qdf and placed it in my documents. Freesync did copy it to the could just as it's supposed to. I will keep tabs on the main data file to see when I make a change on my c drive if it go to the cloud too. Very strange.
THANKS for the help and support.
Danny

dannys22

I just did some Quicken work and the data file DID copy over to the cloud directory now. Very strange. I will keep monitoring the situation.
THANKS again.
Danny