Backup not completeing correctly

Get help for specific problems

entdgc

Hi,
I have 3 backups which I run nightly using Task Scheduler on Windows 10. Two of the backups are 'internal' backups on the same machine - one folder to another. These run perfectly as expected. The third backup is to copy files from my QNAP NAS to a USB drive on this machine. After a bit of fiddling about and realising I need to add a username and password in Task Scheduler this now runs (almost) perfectly too. There is one small problem. The backup starts and completes but does not seem to end the process as Task Scheduler shows the task as running. The last entry in the History section of Task scheduler is 'Action Started' - I dont see 'Action Completed' or 'Task Completed' as I do for the other two backups. This means that the PC was not sleeping. I have fixed the sleep by running 'rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState 0, 1, 0' on completion but on waking the computer the task is still officialy running - though this does not seem to cause any problems. The only other anomaly is that if I open FFS this backup has not been updated as completeing either (old last sync time and green tick).
As I say this is all working so not a big deal but I am a bit OCD and so would like to get this backup to complete correctly.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dave

Plerry

Perhaps an open door, but ...
Did you save the *.ffs_batch job at stake with Auto-close checkmarked?
See here.

entdgc

Not sure. Away for 1 week now but I will check when I get back. Thanks for the tip.

entdgc

Forgive me father for I have sinned! Checked your suggestion above and found it fixed the 'problem' - my bad. Apologies.