Suggestion: Extension list that can be filtered.

Discuss new features and functions

rgreasley

Hello,

I'd like to suggest that after the scan, we get a breakdown of the many extensions of files found. From that list I can either include or exclude based on those extensions.

xCSxXenon

You can add to the include/exclude filters as needed to only sync certain file extensions

rgreasley

Hi. I'm aware, but that's only if you know what's there and what isn't.
What I'm suggesting is a breakdown post scan to see what file types are there.
it'll be similar to WinDirStat that gives a listing of what file types are on the system, but this one would be to see what file types are available to be synchronised.
The user can then optionally include/exclude files from that listing or sync as normal.

Plerry

Using the Include and/or Exclude Filter is the way to go for repetitive sync tasks.

If you continuously need to sync different extensions:
After running a Compare in the FFS GUI, you can show and sort by file-extension.
Assuming you have the default FFS GUI layout, you can right-click in the Compare result heading (Relative path or Size), and then click Extension. Then (left-)click in the Extension header to sort by file-extension and (if desired) click again to reverse sort by file-extension.
You can then easily select the files with the desired extension(s), and run your sync on the selection.

rgreasley

Ok, thanks for the suggestion.

Regards.