FFS keeps looking for batch job that no longer exists

Get help for specific problems

chatham

Windows 10, FFS v12.4

I have been getting this error for a long time. FFS seems to keep wanting to run an old batch job that no longer exists. I have searched and tried everything I can think of the stop this error from popping up. The batch job no longer exists in FFS and it does not exist in Microsoft Task Scheduler. How do I get rid of this constant pop error?

FreeFileSync - An exception occurred

Cannot open file "C\Users\....\Documents|FreeFileSync BatchJobs\BatchRun ....

Unexpected file extension. ""
Expected: ffs_gui, ffs_batch, xml

xCSxXenon

Is this popping up randomly or when you do something specific?

therube

Is this a somewhat old batch job that you hadn't run in a while?

viewtopic.php?t=10106

chatham

Is this popping up randomly or when you do something specific? xCSxXenon, 09 Jul 2023, 14:03
I did have an old batch run that was setup in windows task manager to work at 2pm every day. I deleted the batch run, file and task but I still get this error like it wants to run but cant find the file. I have looked everywhere and cannot find where or how to shut this down.

xCSxXenon

Task manager doesn't have the ability to run anything on a schedule. Do you mean Task Scheduler?
Also, you didn't answer whether this pops up randomly or when you perform a specific action

chatham

Task manager doesn't have the ability to run anything on a schedule. Do you mean Task Scheduler?
Also, you didn't answer whether this pops up randomly or when you perform a specific action xCSxXenon, 10 Jul 2023, 18:22
You are correct and I mean Task Scheduler. It appears at the same time everyday, 4pm as if it is trying to run a batch file which it cant find.

xCSxXenon

Gotcha. The only thing I can think of is Task Scheduler. Unless you have another program on your computer that can run scheduled tasks. Deleting the entry in Task Scheduler probably won't stop it, you may need to restart after deleting it