sync only the latest file of an extention per directory

Discuss new features and functions

Astralyd

Hi, I've tried to synchronize project files on a remote disk or other location, such as onedrive, but ideally I wouldn't want to copy everything. Basically I have a folder that contains project_v1.flp, project_v2.flp,.....project_v20.flp, (ditto for render1.wav, render2.wav,..render3.wav) these files are created regularly. Is there a way to mirror only the last .flp file (or any other extension) per folder, so as not to overload my onedrive subscription?

Plerry

Not using FFS

therube

Maybe (?) you could script something?

Assuming "the last" means the most recently dated, you can find that easily enough:

c:/> dir *.flp /od /b | tail -1

That would find, project_v20.flp.

After that, it becomes more difficult, as you would need to then stick project_v20.flp... into a .ffs_batch / .ffs_gui file (can you do that ? [presumably in <Filter> <Include> <Item>]), which you can then call (the .ffs_batch) from the Command Line.

(Better would be able to take the DIR output [redirected to a file] & [if] FFS had the ability to read that file, then run a sync based on that.

So something like:
freefilesync.exe -readfromfile c:/tmp/projectupdate.txt projectupdate.ffs_batch)

Astralyd

Hello Thanks for the suggestion, I assume it's using the Windows console ? I'm not really comfortable with scripting for that and i don't want to risk losing files and the main point of FFS for me is that you are able to see and confirm the files ready to be synchronized in the GUI, so yeah it's a feature request for more extensive filtering options in FFS, based on file properties.

for example 'For each 'project_name' folder in my 'all projects' folder, mirror only the most recently modified .flp file that the 'project_name' folder contains', .. or mirror 'only the most recently modified .wav file contained in the 'render' folder of each "project_name" and synchronize the rest of the .wav files found'

it's a specific thing I've been trying to do for a while so as not to just upload 500 gb+ of outdated project data to onedrive...

Anyway, this is great software, I'll think about donating when I can.