Change Drive Letters With One Click

Discuss new features and functions

I stole your coconut

I crave this feature.

In the Image I tried to visualize what this could look like. If you want to change the drive letter on one side, there should be a button above the drive letters, upon clicking it, a window appears that just lets you replace the current drive letters, cause I don't want to change all the letters by hand, like in this image:

https://imageupload.io/UCgq4aU2RXOK4lN

like if the list looks like this:

D:\Pictures == Z:\Pictures
E:\2023 == Z:\2023
F:\Fall2022 == Z:\Fall2022

You should be confronted with a dialogue window, that lists all the current origin and target letters, and lets you change them like:

D:\ == *:\
E:\ == *:\
F:\ == *:\
Z:\ == *:\

So lets change, all origin folders are now on D: , but the target drive changed, so its now on R: .
Which means the end result (what the person typed in would look like this:

D:\ == D:\ (no change)
E:\ == D:\
F:\ == D:\
Z:\ == R:\

Really hope I presented the idea in an understandable manner.

xCSxXenon

I have ran into this also. I've never had enough folder pairs to care and just do it manually, but there is another way. You can open the configuration file in something like notepad++, maybe even regular notepad, and change it in there. Once you open it in notepad, you can just do a 'find and replace'. In your picture, you can load that config and 'find' Z:\ and replace them all with H:\ or whatever letter you need

I stole your coconut

Hello,

thank you for mentioning this. A GUI option would be cool nontheless, and is also not as prone to human error as editing it manually.
Site Admin

Zenju

Why would you want to change all the drive letters? Isn't this covered by https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=variable-drive-letters
or by using the filter and a single folder pair instead of multiple folder pairs?

I stole your coconut

This is not my usecase. The drives change often.

I can't really change the database structure, the filter list would be longer than the actual list.

I have some jobs that have 100+ entries. I guess editing in the txt file does it. I think it would be just reallly neat to have it as a button in gui.