copy changes to alternate folder

Discuss new features and functions

Hollywood

Hello,
I'm new here and have a question.

I have a folder of my music that I share with my neighbor. He will bring over his SSD and I will compare my folder with his folder and copy the new files from my SSD to his SSD (FFS Update).

He is not as fussy on tagging files and other details, but he does add new music as he has a large collection of CDs. What I would like to be able to do is Compare his SSD with my SSD but copy the new files to a different folder then my music folder (that we used for the compare) so that I can inspect, fix, or even decide if I want his additions.

Is this possible?

Thanks. I have been using FreeFileSync for years and find it to be the best of it's kind!

Hollywood

looks like some good stuff that WILL help after I feel better (kidney stone), but a quick glance also looks like an answer to a question to a question I haven't asked yet about renaming TV episodes.

I just woke up in pain, but thanks(!) for your reply and I will look closer after I feel better.

Hollywood

@Plerry Your suggestion is the solution I was looking for. I had some confusion at first. I had in FFS the path to Folder1 and Folder2 (Update). At first I couldn't figure out where to press CTRL-T, but eventually figured it out.

The files that were NOT in Folder2 were listed in the first pane and all were selected with a check mark. When I tried to copy them to he3rd folder, it only would copy the highlighted file even though all were "checked".

It appears the check mark only applies to use the conventional Sync button. To copy all of the files in the right pane (DIFF) needed CTRL-A to select all files and then CTRL-T. After I figured that out it did what I wanted.

The feature I asked for appears asked about in several searches. It is there and works great, but could be a bit confusing at first. I hope this helps someone.

Thanks for your reply!