Both sides changed since last sync

Get help for specific problems

thbenner

Hello,

II have been syncing a disc with another one in update mode since years. Today I activated "use database to detect changes."

Now, there are a lot of warnings that the file has been changed of both sides since the last sync.

I have no clue why, but in a lot of cases the target file is a few minutes younger than the source file. It seems that the time stamps are not on sync.

How to fix it. Is it possible to sync just the time stamps or to overwrite all target files with the actual source files?

Deleting the target disk is no option because there are a lot more files on it than on the source disk.

Plerry

thbenner

@Plerry Thank you for the hint. Modified date for both, the source and the target, are in 2019. However, the target was changed 3 Minutes later than the source.

Plerry

Increasing the FileTimeTolerance may then possibly resolve the issue.

thbenner

@Perry Suprisingly there are a lot more conflicts. E.g. the newest Tor Browser installs files with modify date in the year 2000. Is it possible to overwrite all 414 files with a conflict with the source file even if the target file seems to be newer?

Plerry

If you would use the Mirror sync variant, you could simply disable the "use database to detect changes" option.
However, as you use the Update variant, disabling the "use database to detect changes" option will not make FFS overwrite target files that are newer than the source file.
You would need to define your own Custom sync variant to achieve that, probably still disabling the "use database to detect changes" option, if available there.

thbenner

I would like to fix the problem one time and thereafter use the database option in order to be able to deteced moved files.

400 files are a lttle much to do this manually. Do you have an idea to overwrite the target files when a conflict occurs?