Include filter excludes non filtered files from deletion on right

Get help for specific problems

THouse

Hi, I am new to FFS which so far seems a great program.

I am trying to get my head around a particular problem. I have found some useful ideas in the forum but not exactly what I want.

I have an included filter \202?\ which I want to Mirror - ie copy all Photos in folders from the 2020s only. This Mirror filter works ok, but I also want to delete from the (right) backup anything that is not in 2020s folders.

The filter seems to mean that FFS only compares both sides within 2020s folders - so any deletion of other unwanted files are not considered.

Plerry

Correct.
Any Excluded or not Included files and folders are simply not considered for any sync actions.

The deletion of all not \202?\ folders and their content from your backup seems a one-time action and should be not too hard to do manually.
If you want, you could also use FFS:
Leave your Include Filter at * (=everything) and now Exclude \202?\, and then run a Compare.
Make all Compare results visible via the icon(s) mid below the Compare results windows.
Verify that your Exclusion of \202?\ worked correctly.
If OK, select everything in your right window (your backup location) and delete it all.

THouse

ok, got it, thanks.
I'll do a manual clean up this time but your explanation is extremely helpful for some of my other work.