How do make it so FFS doesn't try to delete/select files on the right side that aren't on the left side in overview.

Get help for specific problems

memesinmars

I've set FFS to not use a database file to track changes, so that shouldn't be interfering. The right side has some system files not on the left side that I don't want to get deleted, but I don't them to go over to the left side either. I've set the program to "do nothing" when the item exists only on the left side.

I'm using the overview panel to select specific folders to send to the left side with "set direction ->"., and I'm using "select view:difference" to only show files that exist on the right side. But it seems like by using "set direction ->" on a folder in the overview panel works differently from the sync settings and it sets the files inside the folder that are only on the left side to be deleted, even when they're not visible. When I selected to show files that only exist on the left side it shows a bin icon with "set direction ->", so I'm assuming it does the bin action on them when I select the whole folder rather than doing nothing, which makes sense since the "do nothing action" is the middle one.

I can either manually select each file on the right side to "do nothing" afterwards on the comparison window, or manually select which file I want to send instead of sending the whole folder but that would be quite time consuming.

Maybe this isn't the purpose of FFS but it's the easiest program I found to quickly compare two drives and send files over, if I can get over this one bump then I'll be able to do everything I want to with it.

I tried adding images but it seems like I'm not able to as a new user, hopefully my explanations are sufficient, thanks in advance.

Plerry

> The right side has some system files not on the left side that I don't want to get deleted, but I don't them to go over to the left side either.

Assuming the names of said system files are stable, the simplest thing to do, is to add said system files to your Exclude Filter.
If said files are all in one and the same folder (or in a few distinct folders) and those folders do not comprise other files, that need to be synced, you can add that/those folder(s) to your Exclude Filter, instead of the individual files. This would then work even if the file names of said system files would not be stable.

Excluding files or folders means they are not considered for any sync action (copying, updating nor deleting).

You can modify the In- and Exclude Filter rules by manually editing those rules via the funnel-icon (F7) mid-above your left and right base-location(s), or by first running a Compare (F5) and then right-click the relevant files or folder(s).