Is there a way to speed up a certain, repeated, synchronization configuration?

Get help for specific problems

cmur

Being new to this application, I have done the same synchronization between the same two disks several times (in update mode) and it can take hours despite having done it more times before. Shouldn't saving the configuration of a specific synchronization between two disks have the effect of speeding up the scanning process for subsequent occasions (as the chronosync app does in the macOS environment)?... Maybe I'm doing something wrong? ... In short, is there a way to speed up a certain, repeated, synchronization configuration, that is, to have FFS read the files already scanned previously and slow down more only on the new or moved ones?

Plerry

The Compare phase will last about equally long every time.
During successive syncs, the amount of sync actions will generally be less than for the initial sync.
Therefore the duration of the sync phase is normally shorter for successive syncs.

therube

What type of Comparison are you doing?

cmur

I did not know there was diifferent comparison types... sorry. If you can illustrate me, maybe that could be a way to speed up it...

xCSxXenon

If cmur didn't know there were multiple comparison methods, they are definitely using the default (file time and size). This means there is really no chance at speeding up comparison besides increasing hardware performance

cmur

Thank you all of you that oriented me