Real Time Sync not Syncing

Get help for specific problems

salr39

Hi All,

I'm currently having a play with Free File Sync and running the batch file autonomously with Real Time Sync. I have managed to get it working for most of the files/folders that I would like to sync, however I am currently having an issue with a Job I have recently created to sync the folders in the C drive except for Systems folders such as "Users", "Windows", "System Volume Information" etc. The job will run fine if I run the batch file from the command line and will also run if I manually start it in Free File Sync, however, when I place it into Real time Sync, it shows no errors, but the Sync isn't taking place.

Would you have any ideas why it won't run on "Real Time Sync"?

Thanks!

Plerry

There may be too frequent changes in all the RTS monitored folders combined.
If that happens persistently, the Idle Time keeps getting reset and never expires.
and consequently RTS never launches FFS.

You can try reducing the Idle Time.

Or use multiple RTS instances, reducing the scope of the monitored folders of each of the instances, and define FFS batch configurations matching the smaller scope per instance.

Or don't use RTS , but instead simply schedule the FFS batch job to run at a suitable interval (e.g. every hour, every day, every startup)