500,000 files every time

Discuss new features and functions

iedssias

Dear All,

Like others, I love FFS, but I think I am doing something wrong. I have looked through the forums and hlep and can't see the answer to my question:

I am Mirroring a folder in a NAS that has 500,000 files, and I run the batch every day. However, it is checking every file and taking one hour or so to complete the comparison and then longer for the synchronization (understandable). I know there is a way to "detect" moved files, but that didn't change anything.

Is this time of one hour customary? If so, fine as it works, but I just wanted to ensure I am not missing anything.

Thanks!!!

xCSxXenon

140 files / second is pretty quick! The bottleneck isn't FFS here, you'd have to get faster hardware to improve speeds. Or segment the data/FFS configs so it isn't checking all files every time. If all of them need to be checked, then this isn't an option.

iedssias

Ok, thanks very much for taking the time to respond. That's appreciated!

I was looking at Real Time Sync. Don't fully comprehend it, but I wonder if this would work for my idea.

Basically, does it monitor a folder and if there is any change, it would make THAT change but not have to scan/monitor the folder to do so?

Plerry

> Basically, does it monitor a folder and if there is any change, it would make THAT change but not have to scan/monitor the folder to do so?

No!
As also described in the RTS Manual page, RTS monitors one or more folders (and all of their subfolders) for changes, and upon detecting changes launches FFS to run the specified sync configuration.
Then FFS runs the full sync, as per its selected sync configuration.