Problem with ftp sync

Discuss new features and functions

minogig

Good morning.
I created a service that synchronizes the files present on a drive folder with a folder present on a hosting via ftp.
In detail the synchronization is mirror-like.
The source folder is the one on the drive, while the destination folder is the one on the server.
As long as I activate the service manually everything works great, when I create real-time synchronization it gives me this error "ftp protocol does not support directory monitoring".
How can I solve this problem?

xCSxXenon

Remove the FTP location from being monitored in RTS

Plerry

> How can I solve this problem?

That depends on what you consider to be the problem.
• If you consider the error message to be the problem, act as per xCSxXenon's reply.
• If you consider the ftp protocol not supporting directory monitoring to be the problem, you can either use a different protocol (than ftp), one that does support directory monitoring, or you have to learn to live with it. FFS can not solve this for you.

minogig

Remove the FTP location from being monitored in RTS xCSxXenon, 28 Mar 2024, 14:10
Thank you for your answer. I tried your solution, but as soon as I click on start it tells me this time that it cannot monitor the folder on the drive

xCSxXenon

Post a screenshot of the RTS configuration window

minogig

Post a screenshot of the RTS configuration window xCSxXenon, 01 Apr 2024, 17:01
Thanks for your time
Last edited by minogig on 02 Apr 2024, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

Plerry

So, you did not remove the FTP connected location (your top location) in the list of folders to be monitored by RTS.
Click the minus-icon in front of your FTP location.

minogig

So, you did not remove the FTP connected location (your top location) in the list of folders to be monitored by RTS.
Click the minus-icon in front of your FTP location. Plerry, 02 Apr 2024, 11:59
I attach the video where it shows the error

https://screenrec.com/share/56pVkUul3N

therube

(Your email is in the video, if that matters to you.)

Shouldn't ? the RTS be running a BatchDriveFtp.ffs_real rather then _batch?

minogig

(Your email is in the video, if that matters to you.)

Shouldn't ? the RTS be running a BatchDriveFtp.ffs_real rather then _batch? therube, 02 Apr 2024, 14:46
Thanks for the advice. I deleted the video. Then if you need it I'll make another one.
As for your final question it is using batch

xCSxXenon

Google Drive also cannot be monitored. You cannot use RTS for this

Plerry

> Shouldn't ? the RTS be running a BatchDriveFtp.ffs_real rather then _batch?

No, upon detecting any changes in the monitored folder(s) (if supported), RTS launches its command line, and here should launch FFS to run the sync configuration saved in the specified *.ffs_batch file.

An *.ffs_real file is a file that stores a specific RTS configuration, and contains the folder(s) to be monitored, the Idle Time and the command to be executed upon detecting changes in the monitored folder(s).
The *.ffs_real file is to be specified when invoking RTS, as described here, not when launching FFS (e.g. from the RTS command line).