RealTimeSync does not monitor multiple \\?\Volume

Get help for specific problems

RinseRepeat

Can't find this mentioned elsewhere and the bug seems to still be present in newest v13.5

While FreeFileSync allows as many \\?\Volume pairs as you want and correctly will start/copy regardless which one is used, RealTimeSync just sits there even when the same volume is present and entered the same way.

The only way I can get RealTimeSync to detect the volume inserted and fire up FreeFileSync is to ONLY have ONE \\?\Volume listed

ie. in RealTimeSync

- \\?\Volume{blah1}
- \\?\Volume{blah2}
- \\?\Volume{blah3}

if blah3 is inserted the above does nothing

however if I trim the RealTimeSync entries down to ONLY

- \\?\Volume{blah3}

with no other volumes listed, it will correctly fire up FreeFileSync when the volume is mounted

Many thanks for making this fantastic utility and sharing it free.
Site Admin

Zenju

I'm not able to reproduce this bug.

xCSxXenon

Isn't this intended behavior? It sounds like OP wants to monitor multiple locations and have a sync fire off if any one becomes mounted, and not all will be mounted at a time. But RTS doesn't work unless all monitored locations are accessible. I looked here:
https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=variable-drive-letters
I don't see any mention that location availability is optional when using this method, so I am assuming RTS still requires all locations to be present before it can trigger FFS.

RinseRepeat

oooh that is interesting and would explain what I am experiencing

However it would be really nice if that was a possibility: a mode to select ANY vs ALL

I realize I could run multiple copied of RealTimeSync with multiple configurations but there technically could be a dozen mounting points or more for usb devices.

The reason why volume technical name instead of path is because of multiple devices with same paths.

If willing to make an option, it can be hidden in the settings file, doesn't need to be in UI which would be too tedious to ask to add.