Syncing to Multiple D: Drives Memory Cards

Get help for specific problems

MachineThatGoesP1ng

Hello,

I'm trying to sync to a external memory card on my D drive and when i input the card as the destination it only recognizes the D: Drive and not the specific card, so if i put in different card it also tries to sync to that one as well. Is there a way to give an SD a specific name so that i can sync to ONLY that Sd card?

MachineThatGoesP1ng

The first option just renames the D: as another name but not the SD card itself. And for the second option, I used the tool listed "mountvol /L" and it doesnt return a unique id number for the inserted storage. SD's do have unique properties that can be viewed, I'm just not sure which to use and what FFS will recognize.

xCSxXenon

Oh, you just need to change the name of the SD card when inserted? That is done with Windows itself, not FFS. Just right-click the SD card and click rename

MachineThatGoesP1ng

Oh, you just need to change the name of the SD card when inserted? That is done with Windows itself, not FFS. Just right-click the SD card and click rename xCSxXenon, 04 Jun 2024, 15:09
I can rename the Sd but i don't know how to get FFS to recognize the the unique name, it instead defaults to "D:" when i try to input the named D drive using the file picker. And, I'm not sure if there's a format to manually enter the named path but when i try to do that it doesn't work.

xCSxXenon

Let's say you name the SD card ABCDEF
Then you enter [ABCDEF] in one of the sides of FFS, it will find that named volume and use its assigned drive letter. It will display the currently assigned/found drive letter above the path entry box if it finds it. This also means inserting any other SD card with a different name won't be found by FFS. If FFS is showing it as the D: drive, that is because it is assigned the letter D. If you use Disk Management to change the drive letter, FFS should also recognize the new letter

MachineThatGoesP1ng

Let's say you name the SD card ABCDEF
Then you enter [ABCDEF] in one of the sides of FFS, it will find that named volume and use its assigned drive letter. It will display the currently assigned/found drive letter above the path entry box if it finds it. This also means inserting any other SD card with a different name won't be found by FFS. If FFS is showing it as the D: drive, that is because it is assigned the letter D. If you use Disk Management to change the drive letter, FFS should also recognize the new letter xCSxXenon, 04 Jun 2024, 19:34
Cool that works! Thanks much!