Filter/Wildcard to include files from subdirectories without folders?

Get help for specific problems

JPIori

Hello!

I am looking for a way to be able to sync files from [ftp address]/1 and [ftp address]/2, and have them both show up in [destination folder] without the /1 or /2 directories.
Currently I set this up using 2 folder pairs, but am looking for a way to do it with a single pair that uses filters or wildcards to accomplish the same thing. The ftp devices are stored in a floating pool of availability, so it's never a guarantee which ones I'll need to set up. It isn't always me doing the configuration, so I want to simplify the process for a couple of my assistants by not needing to duplicate IP entries.

JPIori

Sadly that won't work with this use case - these are largely unattended, and triggered remotely from ffs_batch files. With up to about 100 executions in a day, stepping through manually would defeat the main reason we use FFS.

Plerry

Well, you can also choose to define two left-right pairs (or two separate syncs):
[ftp_address]/1 => [destination_location] and
[ftp_address]/2 => [destination_location]
and choose to use the Update sync variant (not the Mirror variant).
This will sync all files in the root of [ftp_address]/1 and [ftp_address]/2 to the root of [destination_location]. However, it will retain the folder structure that exist within the [ftp_address]/1 and [ftp_address]/2 in [destination_location]

JPIori

Yeah, that's exactly how we've had it configured. I just frequently get asked confused questions about why the addresses are duplicated, and also sometimes find that a station wasn't configured correctly on setup because half of the pairs were ignored or deleted.

xCSxXenon

If '1' and '2' are different FTP shares, you won't be able to as what you want to do requires them to be inside a shared parent location.
If you are able to create an FTP share that has '1' and '2' and subdirectories, then just use the parent share and inclusion filters if there are other directories that you don't want to be synced

JPIori

It's very possible that I'm just missing or haven't considered something.

The /1 and /2 locations are SD card slots on a BMD Hyperdeck recorder - both listed under the IP of the Hyperdeck, so it's one FTP share with /1 and /2 within the root.

I want all of the files that exist within both card slots to be copied to the same destination folder as one-another.

Is there another "parent share and inclusion filter" method with one folder pair that I should apply in order to get both of those card slots (at the same IP) to copy without copying the /1 and /2 parent directories themselves?