[Feature-Request] Detect file changes by DB file.

Discuss new features and functions

lamrongol

For galaxy, detecting file changes by timestamps fails because Galaxy only save "transferred time" and "comparing 'file time and size' " doesn't work.
However, if DB file contains modified timestamps and detecting changes by them, this problem will be solved, I think(Only comparing timestamps in a DB file and actual files timestamps).

Related topics:
- FFS syncing whole folder over and over again - FreeFileSync Forum
- Error: Cannot write modification time - Android - FreeFileSync Forum
- Please help with timestamps/Android: "Warning: Cannot write modification time" | "silently ignored by the device" - FreeFileSync Forum

xCSxXenon

This wouldn't work because the phone would be removed from consideration during the comparison.
Let's say you mirror a folder on your computer to your phone. If a file on the phone is changed/overwritten, your proposal won't catch it since FFS would only be looking at the "source" timestamps and DB, which are still a matching pair. Since they match, the file wouldn't be mirrored over to the phone to bring them back into sync.

lamrongol

Sorry for my omission, I need only one-way "mirror" copy which doesn't need detecting phone files timestamps. In other words, detecting changes of PC files is needed but detecting changes of phone files is not needed.
And I noticed, selecting "Synchronization" -> "Mirror" option and changing "Update right item" to "Do nothing" for "Right side is newer" is my desired option(checking "Use database file to detect changes" doesn't work).

So my problem is solved, thank you.