Unable to create several synchronisation profiles

Get help for specific problems

modulablex

Hello,
I discovered this little nugget of software recently, and I love it.
However, I have a problem with it: I can't create several synchronisation profiles. At the moment I'm using FreeFileSync to copy a folder from an external hard drive (linked to my PC) to a local NAS server, but I also need to synchronise other types of files directly from my PC to my NAS server, and I can't do that. In "Configuration", I can't click on "New", it's greyed out. Does this software allow this?
Thanks for your help.

therube

If you are in a New (already in a New) & have not yet changed anything; like by setting paths or changing the Comparison mode, the New button will remain grayed until you do.

xCSxXenon

If "New" is greyed out, the blank/default template is already loaded. Configure the paths and settings, then save the configuration as a .ffs_gui or .ffs_batch file. Search around the forum or documentation to figure out how to do this best for you and your needs. Once you save a configuration and have it loaded, the "new" button will be available to then load the default template again to create another.

modulablex

Thanks for your answers, but I've found something else to make it work, I've got the Donation Edition version, and there I can make several separate backups.
Thanks again.

Plerry

> I've got the Donation Edition version, and there I can make several separate backups.

Running several separate backups can be done just as well with the standard (non-donation) version.
The relevant differences between the standard and the donation version can be found here.