Feature request: 'include only older than' time span filter

Discuss new features and functions

bitoclass

I'd like to request an additional option in the Synchronization Settings - Filter screen.

At the moment I think you can filter this using Time Span so that it will only synchronize files newer than a certain date, e.g. a week or newer, a year or newer etc.

I'd like to have the option to turn this on its head and only synchronize files that are older than a certain offset.

Basically, for my Windows Media Center Recorded TV folder, I want to be able to back up things I've kept but not things that are only a few weeks old and could still be accessed using catch-up services if they were to be lost anyway. So I'd like to be able to set up a configuration that copies my Recorded TV folder to my backup drive, but doesn't copy anything newer than 28 days old.

Hope the requirement makes sense and that I haven't overlooked this feature already being present! Thanks for your work on this program, it's great!
Site Admin

Zenju

For the record, there's a manual way to select time ranges:
You can right-click on column "date" on the main dialog and select "Select time span...", then select a "from" and a "to" date.

coogrrr

I have been a long time user and donator to this product. I believe it to be the BEST IN CLASS of this type of software. The developer has been active and making the program better at each turn. He even incorporates the users suggestions.

Now with that being said I want to add some strength to BitoClass's posting and ask for a filter option that works like the "right click time span" the reason is I take heavy advantage of the batch capabilities and would like to be able to set the time span into the filter for the job and allow it to run nightly/hourly but only sync files from x to y. To improve on this please add the filter "Older than X days" which is the opposite of the "Last X Days"

I would make my annual donation either way but this would certainly be my 1 desired improvement.

Thank you for such a great app regardless of any improvements!
James

teleksterling

I'd also like to see this feature (though your tip on the date header right-click will get the job done for now).

For me it will allow me to automatically clear files on my camera that are older than a month that I know (via FFS) are already copied to the PC.

Thanks for the great work.