Subfolder synchronisation

Discuss new features and functions

collinro

Thank you so much for making such useful software - I have spent a long time looking for a good synchronization tool and I have now found it in FreeFileSync. It would be nice though to have a good help file as at the moment I am confused as to whether there is an option to NOTsychronize sub-folders. In some cases I do not want to! I know this could be done using the filter but this gets difficult if you have a lot of sub-folders you do not want to synchronize.

Can you please let me know if this is possible.
Site Admin

Zenju

Thank you so much for making such useful software - I have spent a long time looking for a good synchronization tool and I have now found it in FreeFileSync. It would be nice though to have a good help file as at the moment I am confused as to whether there is an option to NOTsychronize sub-folders. In some cases I do not want to! I know this could be done using the filter but this gets difficult if you have a lot of sub-folders you do not want to synchronize.

Can you please let me know if this is possible.collinro
Hi collinro!

Here's how you can setup your filter to exclude all subfolders:

I assume you sync <dirnameA> and <dirnameB>:

Simply set exclusion filters to:
<dirnameA>\*\*; <dirnameB>\*\*

This will exclude all files/folders beyond your sync-folders that contain a "\". This are exactly the files/folders in subdirectories.

Best regards, Zenju