Exclude Checkbox should not let disappear the item!!

Discuss new features and functions

sandroriz

This is one of the worst UI change I ever saw... First of all when you deselect more items quickly you always unckeck unwanted items because they come "up" due list refresh and they go "under the mouse" while you're clicking...

But above all suppose the compare finds a bunch of files to copy, but you want to copy only one or two. If you do Exclude All (right click on the columns), how can you re-check the single item you want to copy if it is disappeared with the other??

PLEASE REINTRODUCE THE OLD BEHAVIOUR OR PUT AN OPTION IN THE PREFERENCE TO CHOOSE...

Thank you
Sandro

NightOwl

YES, same for me (i already asked this in the forum); although you can still set the option "View type" (below left on the main FFS screen) to ('re-')display the deselected items, the old behaviour works much more intuitive and secure (at least for me) - thanx

whoever

Same here. How can I bring the old behavior back? Or download an older version? Archive section doesn't have Windows version.

Thanks

whoever

YES, same for me (i already asked this in the forum); although you can still set the option "View type" (below left on the main FFS screen) to ('re-')display the deselected items, the old behaviour works much more intuitive and secure (at least for me) - thanxNightOwl
Ah, saw that. Thanks, at least a temporary solution to an otherwise totally unusable program.

Maybe reverse that button makes more sense, like hide unselected. And keep the button there always, since none of the other buttons in the program are dynamic.
Site Admin

Zenju

Instead of requesting a specific change ("restore old behavior") it would be more helpful if you explained why (!) you want it, in other words, explain your scenario. For FreeFileSync to make good design decisions it is important to think in terms of scenarios, not individual features.
but you want to copy only one or two. If you do Exclude All, how can you re-check the single item you want to copy if it is disappeared with the other??sandroriz
This scenario will be solved by supporting a "sync selected items" in the near future.

What are the other reasons to keep the deselected rows visible? One reason to not keep them visible is when you compare two folders and want to "process" each line manually (e.g. check the differences, or discard the row because it is not what you're looking for). In these cases you want the deselected rows to disappear.

Alternative ideas on how to redesign the GUI more intutively?

PS: It's already possible to switch back to the old behavior: Save the current view filter selection as default

NightOwl

@Zenju

you have a point... i overlooked the option "save the current view filter selection as default", which is, of course a perfect solution to the "problem" (although i should prefer the "keep visible" setting as default, but as you said, that depends on use);

and indeed, when excluding full dir(s) it's handy to make all items disappear at once

greetz