Temporary exclude folder pair

Discuss new features and functions

giacomo.ciani

It would be helpful, especially for checking/debugging a complex profile, to have a check box next to each folder pair to disable it without deleting it.
It is true that this can be accomplished by inserting a "*" in the "exclude" filter of each pair that you don't want to be considered, but that's far less convenient (and much more error prone) that simply toggling a checkbox in the main window.

I hope I'm not asking something that already exists and I have not found.

Giacomo
Site Admin

Zenju

The usual solution would be to delete the folder pair and simply not save this change, or better: create a sync config for each component that you want to sync in isolation. Then dynamically select and merge only those sync configs that you want to sync right now: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=tips-and-tricks#select-multiple-configurations

giacomo.ciani

I appreciate the alternative suggestions, althoughI think you would agree that this are "workarounds" similar to just putting an asterix in the "exclude" filter of the folder pairs you don't want to sync. I'm not saying that my request is worth anyone programming time, but it seems to be a much cleaner solution.
Anyway, if the point is that of making the definition of complex profiles easier to check (which is not the only possible scenario in which one may want to temporarily exclude a folder pair), I agree that the workaround of creating individual profiles and merging them dynamically is a perfectly valid alternative. Paired with the ability of saving the final merged result as a new profile (with I did not realize initially; I would suggest that this is stressed in the tips&tricks page), this offers a way of building complex profiles in one element at the time, and then easily combine (and save) the result.