Release 8.3 no longer syncs to NAS

Get help for specific problems

twferg

I use the Windows version of FFS. Great product, but I updated to release 8.3 today and can no longer sync to my Linux NAS. SAMBA file sharing has never been a problem in previous releases of FFS. I'm getting the following message as FFS attempts to add each new file to the NAS.

"Cannot write file attributes of "\\TOMS-WEBSRV\Toms Media Red3\media\Music\Amos Lee\Amos Lee\01 Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight.mp3.ffs_tmp".

Error Code 1: Incorrect function. (DeviceIoControl, FSCTL_SET_SPARSE)"

I've tried running FFS with admin rights, but that doesn't help. Is there a solution for this error?

Thanks,

Tom Ferguson
Site Admin

Zenju

The source file reports itself as sparse and the target volume says it supports sparse files. Obviously someone isn't telling the truth (to FreeFileSync).

twferg

Thank you, Zenju, for your response. However, it doesn't offer a solution and I simply lack the technical background to ferret one out for myself. I did install the trial version of Goodsync to see if it would encounter the same or similar error. Goodsync ran without reporting any errors and I verified that the copied files are identical on the destination device. I'll continue to update FFS and hope that future releases solve the problem that I've encountered. Thanks again, Tom
Site Admin

Zenju

If you send me a Process Monitor trace (https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#trace) for a copy operation that leads to the above error, maybe there is a workaround to detect and avoid this issue.