8.3 Update and Donation Version

Get help for specific problems

bevhoward

My original install of FFS was ver 8.2 which was downloaded after contributing for the "Donation Version"

Since the update is a "download and install" from the FFS site of what I assume is the free version, should I wait before upgrading to assure that I update with a donation version?

TIA,
Beverly Howard

bevhoward

Sorry... a little frustrated here.

Since no responses to this post have been made, when I opened FFS today, I elected to run the requested FFS update anyway with the hope that the update process would detect that the current version was the donation version and install the same...

...unfortunately, it not only installed the non-donation version, even though I attempted to uncheck all of the unwanted addons, the update appears to have changed my browser's home page and I am concerned that other hidden actions have taken place behind the scenes.

Was my donation of 5 euros insufficient?

Any responses or guidance will be appreciated.

Beverly Howard

JustAnotherUser

When you dig yourself a little bit in the forum, you will see/read, that you will have to donate for every new version you want to download/use.
Site Admin

Zenju

that you will have to donate for every new version you want to download/use.JustAnotherUser
Things have now changed a little: a donation allows to download the current FreeFileSync version as well as a certain number of updates:
https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#donor-edition

bevhoward

That'll teach me to not buy something until I am ready and have the time to install and learn the software ;-(

fyi, I never saw (or noticed) that even though I did go in and read the faq when I was deciding on what to use.

Technically excellent software, however, fwiw, this really has an impact on my overall view of FFS.

Beverly Howard