FreeFile Sync and System & Hidden files

Get help for specific problems

victor_delta

Hi

Can anyone please tell me if there is a simple way to stop FFS syncing system and hidden files? I know you can stop particular file types being synced but wondered if you could do the same using file attributes? SyncToy has a facility to do this and I find it very useful.

Thanks.

cmx-26784

I'd like to bump this thread as I am having the same problem with FFS not being able to filter out Windows hidden system files. For example, I use FFS to keep a mirror of my music collection on my Windows 7 machine. Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, have decreed that folder.jpg and AlbumArtSmall.jpg are reserved system filenames and normally hidden. FFS still picks up these files and syncs them to my mirror even when I add them to the FFS filter list. If this is a known issue and requires a feature request, I'd like to add one.
Site Admin

Zenju

I'd like to bump this thread as I am having the same problem with FFS not being able to filter out Windows hidden system files. For example, I use FFS to keep a mirror of my music collection on my Windows 7 machine. Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, have decreed that folder.jpg and AlbumArtSmall.jpg are reserved system filenames and normally hidden. FFS still picks up these files and syncs them to my mirror even when I add them to the FFS filter list. If this is a known issue and requires a feature request, I'd like to add one.cmx-26784
> syncs them to my mirror even when I add them to the FFS filter list

There's probably something wrong with the filter syntax then. See FFS help file chapter "Exclude items" for details.

wm-sf

Personally I think this is a general issue. I can understand you not wanting to get involved, Zenju, as it isn't *your* OS but I have said previously and say again that I think the default list of excluded files for Win needs updating. AT the moment it is crap and doesn't reflect the change in Win over the years.

MartFree

Almost all sync systems have the option to exlude hidden of system files. Please?