Feature request: Change font look in configuration

Discuss new features and functions

Sirio

Hi
Congratulation for this powerful soft.
Is it possible to improve the Configuration panel?
I would like to change the font in bold or in a different colour for the list of scripts in order to better recognize a script or a group of them. Here a sample of how the improvement could look :
config-Menu_Font.jpg
config-Menu_Font.jpg (203.4 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
This could be the result:
config-mod.jpg
config-mod.jpg (112.21 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
Do you think is possible?
Have a nice day.
Sirio

Zargron

Nice idea. Anything is possible! How much effort is another.

If the text component being used already supports character formatting (rich text) then perhaps not too difficult. Otherwise who knows.

Grouping is the key here is it not? Perhaps some sort of grouping idea could be made note of for future discussion? I don't know, maybe a drop down selection box above the list of jobs. Or perhaps a tree view much like your typical folder/file arrangement. You would then be able to put your sync jobs into any number of groups.

Could we then have an option to save a "group batch job" so that we can schedule a group of jobs to run at various time intervals...?

Sirio

Good idea to group using a drop down selection box.
Anyway, it could be more easy to begin changing the aspect of the text one by one. I think that those informations of rich text must be included inside the .ffs_gui file itself.
It should be easy because its a kind of XML.

Zargron

Anyway, it could be more easy to begin changing the aspect of the text one by one. I think that those informations of rich text must be included inside the .ffs_gui file itself.
It should be easy because its a kind of XML.Sirio
I like your font config idea and sure, storage of font details would likely be pretty easy. However, if the text component currently in use for listing FFS jobs does not support character formatting, then you would need to drop in a different component. Along with the introduction of a font selection window, this would of course have reasonable impact. Note also that this amazing piece of software is multi-platform, so you have different font selection schemes to contend with for each platform.

My thoughts on a "drop down selection box" were orientated around what i perceived to be the more functional aspect of the concept you raised: "grouping of jobs". Of course you then have the issue of add/remove/change jobs between various groups! And of course it's likely that a majority of users only have a small number of FFS jobs to manage. So, with a small number of users likely to take advantage of a grouping facility, well... unfortunately pretty low priority i suppose.

Sirio

Yes, it's a big impact for a multi-platform software.
My first thought, when I get the idea, is not make a so big change, because my real need is recognize quickly a script. Then, changing the font or size is finally not important. But simply putting in BOLD or/and change the colour of the string, it could give a significant visual impact to identify the right script.
Another idea could be that in head of the line, there is a coloured bubble that you can change the colour with a drop down box. It could be another way to classify the scripts.
What do you think about?

Sched

Hi, +1!
it' a good idea to have the font in bold or in a different colour for a better visualisation of the list. Hope it's not so hard to do ;)

samvise

Having the chance of sorting jobs would actually be a valuable addition to this already great software. Personally i really like "tree views", but also color-coding (either the text or the bubble in front of it...) seems a good idea, especially for relatively low number of scripts.

Sirio

Heeeeyyyyy !!!
Very nice in the new 9.7 version. :D
It looks like the configuration management panel take slowly the way that I propose in this post.
Is it possible that one day we can select the colour of the small logo in front of the scripts? Or select the color of the font?
Happy new year.

Sirio

We can consider this post solved with the version 10.18.
Thank you