Can donating be made less intrusive?

Discuss new features and functions

FKPhil

I really like this software so thought I’d donate a few dollars, but paying by card requires me to enter all my details including home address, mobile, email.
Maybe I’m paranoid about identity theft etc but I just feel nervous typing my whole life details onto one screen.
Can you make donating simpler? Sorry guys I feel guilty using your great software and would like to contribute but not also give my life story.
Site Admin

Zenju

It's PayPal who needs this info. Most - I believe - is legally required to execute credit card payments. Would offering a second provider, e.g. donating via Amazon help?

FKPhil

Yes I have amazon.
Do all your other donors happily answers all the PayPal questions?
I think my mate has PayPal I’ll ask him to do it when I’m round his place later tonight. He might struggle as he’ll be drinking heavily as a required celebration of the birth of baby Jesus.

JustAnotherUser

You could also think about PaySafeCard for anonymous payments.

eRCaGuy

FKPhil, Paypal is the de facto standard as far as reputable online donating and paying goes. It's trusted by pretty much everybody. If you don't have a Paypal account, I recommend it. It's as reputable as a bank itself. You can even use it like a bank account as a matter of fact, and directly transfer money back and forth between your bank account and your Paypal account....just make sure you manage everything directly at their website: http://www.paypal.com, not via 3rd party tools.

FKPhil

OK you’ve reassured me.
I’m now signed up to PayPal.
Donation made & thanks for a great product.

MKay

You could also think about PaySafeCard for anonymous payments. JustAnotherUser, 25 Dec 2016, 10:13
I would love to see that option to be able to donate via Paysafecard for this great software!

Roland54

Paranoid... Stimmt