Update Link For Donations

Discuss new features and functions

nurbles

I always find myself searching through my various email clients, folders, etc. to relocate my donation link when FFS tells me a new version is available. I'm thinking it would be a wonderful option to allow us to enter our specific donation 'code' (from the end of the our donation link) or some such when we install FFS and to update it when we update/refresh our donation. That way, the program could take us DIRECTLY to the donation download page instead of to the ads-included page (which frustrated me the first few times I was updated!)

Does this sound like a useful possibility? It certainly doesn't seem to be difficult to implement, after all, even after our update download link expires, the page will inform us -- encouraging us to refresh our donation or switch to the ad-supported version if we want to update. It seems like a win for everyone.

nurbles

Never mind. I just discovered the new auto-updater, which is GREAT! I also discovered that the program already knows my download link, but I find it through the ABOUT dialog instead of the update process. Sorry for my slow brain today.