RealTimeSync when indivdual drive not connected

Get help for specific problems

ddurnin

Hi,

Newbie here. Have searched for this fairly extensively but haven't been able to find an answer - sincere apologies if it's been address before (which I'm almost certain it has!).

What I'm trying to do seems pretty simple, but would like it all to happen as automatically as I can manage.
Basically, I have backups of three internal drives all backed up to three other internal drives.
I've created a batch job to run with RealTimeSync to perform this at startup.
I also have one large partitioned external drive I use to backup the same three drives - I would also like this to happen automatically using RealTimeSync.
Problem is, if I add this secondary backup job to the batch job I use currently and the external drive is not connected, RealTimeSync does not run because it is "Waiting until all directories are available...".

Question I have is...
Is there a way to make RealTimeSync run when a drive is offline?
Can I run two separate RealTimeSync jobs at startup to avoid this? This option isn't ideal as it'll add yet another startup item! :(

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Diarmuid
Site Admin

Zenju

RTS requires all base folders to be accessible, so two separate instances should do the job.

ddurnin

Cheers. That works grand.
Just wanted to make sure I wan't missing something.
Thanks for the quick response.

randomUser

Exactly the same request here. Is it necessary that all directories in ALL folder pairs are available?
I mean in both, in FreeFileSync as well as in RealTimeSync not accessible folder pairs could be skipped, right?

That would satisfy the many request for Multi-RealTimeSync, etc.

Following usecase: different folders should by mirrored to different drives. I do not want to attach all devices, just to copy from one folder pair to a different one.