How to delete old folder name references

Get help for specific problems

rykow

I have what I think is a simple issue but I can't figure out how to perform this action. It's amazing how sometimes the simple things are what hang you up. I am trying to delete old folder name references, for example I have E:\folder in the drag and drop boxes for either side for the compare but those folders no longer exist or have been moved. All I want to do is remove those names from showing up in the drop down lists but I can't figure out how to either delete or remove them.
Can anyone help with this?

Wiz

Hello. Sorry for bumping this old thread.

The hover+delete button combo doesn't work under linux. (xubuntu 19.04) Any alternate methods? Thank you!

xCSxXenon

Same issue on Windows. No combination of ALT/CTRL/DEL/SHIFT will remove the listing. It only applies that action to the text in the text box
Site Admin

Zenju

I can confirm this is currently not working on Linux, but there should be no issues on Windows and minor issues on macOS (requires keyboard instead of mouse to select items before pressing DEL).

xCSxXenon

So, on version 10.15 in Windows 1903, I can ONLY delete them if I highlight them with the cursor, then Shift+DEL. Navigating with keyboard does not work.

BazCuda

This works for me on Windows 10 Pro, although I have to close and reopen the dropdown list after each press of the DEL key; I can't keep the list open and repeatedly select items in the list and press DEL, otherwise all it does is just clear the edit box and leaves the list item intact. However, with DEL/close/reopen/rinse/repeat, the items definitely go, and if I then restart the app, all the ones I deleted are no longer in the dropdown list. Hope that helps.

Correction: Just discovered that if I leave the dropdown list open and use my mouse to hover over each item in turn (which then highlights it), I can press DEL for each item and can quickly delete the whole lot in one dropdown session.