Copy/Update Only Time Stamp During Synchronization

Discuss new features and functions

hegdesaspect

I have a situation where a huge set of files have the same content on both sides, but their time stamps are different. There are thousands of such files.

I want to know how to just update only the timestamp during synchronization but not copy the complete file. In other words, is there a way to tell FFS to update its database file saying the sets are same and hence consider "synchronized"?

In Good Sync (another sync app), there is way to tell that the action should be "Copy Time Left To Right" or the other way. This avoids copying of the whole file again.

Please help. Thanks a lot.
Site Admin

Zenju

You can tell FreeFileSync to ignore a fixed time offset, e.g. after a DST switch: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=daylight-saving-time

hegdesaspect

My problem is not so simple as a DST difference.

I have a personal Home NAS and total file size is around 3 TeraBytes now. I have a subset of this 3 TeraBytes storage on another disk and the subset is of size almost 1.8 TeraBytes. And this subset is currently in sync with the master Home NAS. However, when I say "in sync", it means only the file contents match but not the time stamp. And the time stamp differ by several days and in some file cases, differs even by years.

Going forward, I want to use FFS to continue syncing. But I am finding it impossible to tell FFS that the two sides are in sync but with a different time stamp. I dont want to re-sync almost 2 TeraBytes just to make FFS mark the two sides as synced in its DB files.

Is there anyway to tell FFS (forcefully) that the two sides are in sync though the time stamps do not match? The best way would have been through copying/updating only the time stamp.

Thanks a lot