copy all files which are not in target drectory

Discuss new features and functions

Andreas_HGW

Hello

l have (if possible) a request for a new function.

I'm looking for a possibility to copy all file from the source directory to a third directory which are not in the target dir.

This would be very useful e.g. if you record new music mp3 files from a radio station and you want to copy all files in a third folder which you not already have. The third folder is necessary because you want to decide later if you like the music or want to delete.

l have tried a lot of different copy or sync programs but did not find any solution.

If the copy function to a third folder is not possible it also would be fine if there would be a copy function to copy all files from the source to the target folder which are not the target folder (including subfolders)

Andreas
Site Admin

Zenju

Andreas_HGW

this helps me not a jot...
I use Freefilesync for al lot of other sync tasks, but for this special task the help page does not give me an answer.

Gianni1962

Copy files selected on the main dialog to an alternate folder and thereby save a "diff"

Andreas_HGW

Copy files selected on the main dialog to an alternate folder and thereby save a "diff" Gianni1962, 14 Jun 2017, 15:01
Sorry, maybe I'm stupid, but I still do not get it.

Freefilesync should compare 2 folders and copy all files from the source folder to the target folder (or better to a third folder) which are not existing at the target folder. How and where can I configure the alternate folder?

Gianni1962

Look for this text:

Copy files selected on the main dialog to an alternate folder and thereby save a "diff"

at the page linked by Zenju.
There you will find some details.

Anyway, you must do what detailed there before you do the Sync between the 2 folders.

Andreas_HGW

thank you, now I got it.
The problem was that I never tried to use the right mouse context menu of the main window ( and do not know that there is any). I just used the visible buttons to configure the way of copying files.

Andreas