Synchronize on two or three devices

Discuss new features and functions

jcs25634

It would be very helpful to be able to synchronize one source on two or three devices simultaneously.

That would save a lot of time in our company where we make backups locally and on servers.

Plerry

It is very useful, and therefore FreeFileSync supports that.
Simply define multiple left-right pairs, use the source location
as your (identical) left locations and the respective target locations
as your right location.

jcs25634

It's clear that I can define successively different left-right pairs. That's what I'm doing. But I have to redefine them every-time I'm using them.
My question was "It would be very helpful to be able to synchronize one source on two or three devices SIMULTANEOUSLY" i.e. defining one "left" and "several "right's" and saving them.

Plerry

That is exactly what FFS does support.
Simply define multiple left-right pairs in one and the same sync setting as per my previous reply.
(You can add left-right pairs by clicking the green "+"-icon in front of the top left-right pair.
Button number 6 on the Main Dialog Overview on the FFS manual page )

> But I have to redefine them every-time I'm using them.
You can save (and reload) FFS sync settings, be it as *.ffs_gui files (which open in the GUI) or
as *.ffs_batch files (which can be run e.g. in batch files without opening the FFS GUI).
Saving and reloading is supported for the complete sync settings, be it for a single left-right pair FFS sync, be it for a multiple left-right pair FFS sync.