Donation Pricing

Discuss new features and functions

vijer

I think you should rethink your pricing model.

The only real benefit I would get from the paid version is the Portable install. But then I only get 3 months of updates for 10 Euros, that is steep. And you want 50 Euros for a year? Really? So there is little incentive to donate. I'm willing to donate 10 Euro's a year, but not for 3 months.

japastor

The per-month price for 1 year and 2 years are identical (2.08 euro, or $2.44), so what incentive is there for someone to pay for 2 years up front? Maybe at $50/~42.74 euro ($2.08/~1.78 euro per month) or 45 euro/$52.65 (1.875 euro/$2.19) there'd be some incentive. Otherwise, why not pay for a year and then re-up a year later?

Plerry

Less hassle/effort?

Heinz

Yes, that is too much, especially if you don´t use it often.
I would have to pay 25 € for one Bugfix (I don´t use the new features) and that is many too much.
There was even the old model better, where you get the newest version for your donation, doesn´t matter how much.
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes, that is too much, especially if you don´t use it often.
I would have to pay 25 € for one Bugfix (I don´t use the new features) and that is many too much.
There was even the old model better, where you get the newest version for your donation, doesn´t matter how much. Heinz, 12 Aug 2017, 18:17
You're misunderstanding the model, in fact it's the old model plus an additional update period that was not available before. Only the update period is dependent from the amount and is a convenience over having to donate multiple times. Other users might misunderstand the concept, too. How can I improve the description to make this more clear?

Billardheld

You're misunderstanding the model, in fact it's the old model plus an additional update period that was not available before. Only the update period is dependent from the amount and is a convenience over having to donate multiple times. Other users might misunderstand the concept, too. How can I improve the description to make this more clear? Zenju, 12 Aug 2017, 18:23
Other system!

Donate the update (price 10 € or more - voluntarily) within the main version number (?.xxx) always free of charge and unlimited duration of use.

Upgrade to new main version number (x.???) needs a new donation, except it has been donated within the last 3 months.

JustAnotherUser

My suggestion:
Leave your current price model as it is.

But add a second model where one just buys the current version.
So new features are not included at all, but bugfixes are included for a (much) longer time period.

Zimmster

OMG, you cheap ducks! FreeFileSync Donation Edition is 1 USD, ONE roll of toilet PAPER.
If you need new features, 6 months later you donate again ONE ducking dollar and so on....

leobard

I like the FreeFileSync pricing model and I happily pay 20€ a year, the price the developers ask.

As a developer myself, I know how much work it is to keep software alive and I am happy that you do it.

I also trust you to know which price you need to keep up the good work.