RealTimeSync will not fire off the command line

Discuss new features and functions

kjl

I am using the FreeFileSync 9.2 donation version and can't get RealTimeSync to work. It used to work but now it will not fire off the command line. I have tried uninstalling, removing all traces and re-installing.

I followed all the steps exactly. I have even setup a similar setup on another computer and that works.

I have it set up correctly, but it will never fire off the command line. If I manually execute the command-line it will sync the files.

I cannot figure out what is not working because since it does not execute command line there are no logs.
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit anniversary edition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Gianni1962

RTS can only detect changes in the monitored folder(s) that happens after it is started, it doesn't do a "compare" when launched.
Site Admin

Zenju

RTS can only detect changes in the monitored folder(s) that happens after it is started, it doesn't do a "compare" when launched. Gianni1962, 02 Aug 2017, 01:21
When RTS is started it schedules to run the command line as soon as all the monitored directories are available. And only then will be triggered by further change notifications. This makes sure that changes occuring before the RTS launch are covered, too.

If RTS seems to not be running the command line anymore, then this is caused by change notifications being repeatedly received in a shorter time interval than the minimum idle time specified. Unfortunately, RTS, at least currently, doesn't provide convenient diagnostics for this case. (But inconvenient ones do exist: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=realtimesync)

Gianni1962

When RTS is started it schedules to run the command line as soon as all the monitored directories are available. And only then will be triggered by further change notifications. This makes sure that changes occuring before the RTS launch are covered, too. Zenju, 02 Aug 2017, 08:55
Thanks Zenju, you are right!