FFS 7 for Ubuntu 14.04?

Get help for specific problems

lucmorizur

Hi Zenju, and congratulations and thanks for FFS :-) !

The 64 bits Ubuntu file for FFS 7 is called "FreeFileSync_7.0_Ubuntu_15.04_64-bit.tar.gz". Does it mean it can't be installed on Ubuntu 14.04?
Site Admin

Zenju

It means it definitively rusn on Ubuntu_15.04, because this is the system it was compiled on. Except from that it's quite possible it runs on older systems, too. Especially the Debian build covers quite a large group of Linux systems.

lucmorizur

Many thanks Zenju for your quick answer! Sorry for mine being late :-/ ... but as you may have seen in [FFS 6.9 freezes on XUbuntu 14.04 64 bits](viewtopic.php?t=463 "Thread 'FFS 6.9 freezes on XUbuntu 14.04 64 bits'"), I was also performing tests.

Well I downloaded "FreeFileSync_7.0_Ubuntu_15.04_64-bit.tar.gz", extracted FreeFileSync file from it and replaced /usr/bin/FreeFileSync (which was FFS 6.9), and I got the message:

> FreeFileSync: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by FreeFileSync)

Yet, probably the way I "upgraded" was not good :-/ ... but I didn't find a clean way to do :-/ ?

You talked about Debian files, so I tried to download them at https://freefilesync.org/archive.php , and got the messages:

> The "/FreeFileSync/archiv..an_7.6_64-bit.tar.gz" file could not be found or is not available. Please select another file.

:-/

Many thanks anyway for the time you spend :-) !
Site Admin

Zenju

> FreeFileSync: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by FreeFileSync)

This means FFS indeed needs a newer Ubuntu version to run.

> could not be found or is not available. Please select another file.

There are currently download issues on sourceforge. Downloading from one of the main mirros should work:
https://freefilesync.org/