[Feature Request] - Pause button during comparison

Discuss new features and functions

LMF5000

I'm a huge fan of the software, been using it since around the version 9.1 days.

I'm currently running a comparison by file contents (after 3 years of comparing by file time/size only) and have my hard disks running along at 50MB/s. However when I need to do another HDD intensive task (like working with compressed files) it runs slower because the HDD has to do two things at once.

I would therefore like to request the addition of a "pause/resume" button during the comparison process, so we can temporarily suspend the comparison to briefly free the hard disk while we do other tasks.

If that's not possible, perhaps a way for FFS to save checkpoints/progress of comparison up to that point so it can be restarted where it left off?

lwoodhouse

+1 to save the comparison.

WilliAmaya

Thank you for "FreeFileSync" very good software.
Feature request: Save comparison to close and continue later

Synchronizator

Will such PAUSE button be ever implemented?

When I run my Synchronization process I cannot play music and video for an hour as the process drains my computing resources [viewtopic.php?t=10431&hilit=5+minutes#p39382] - hence I am unable to even check a quality of some file, which is plain disrupting to my workflow thus annoying

And this
[...]
Feature request: Save comparison to close and continue later WilliAmaya, 06 Jun 2023, 03:19
would also come in handy, because users could e.g. reset the system when something outside FPS goes wrong

Synchronizator

Will such PAUSE button be ever implemented?
[...] Synchronizator, 10 Jul 2023, 09:46
And literally just a button - as it is already possible to pause Synchronization:
viewtopic.php?t=10479

c0rupted

I'm a huge fan of the software, been using it since around the version 9.1 days.

I'm currently running a comparison by file contents (after 3 years of comparing by file time/size only) and have my hard disks running along at 50MB/s. However when I need to do another HDD intensive task (like working with compressed files) it runs slower because the HDD has to do two things at once.

I would therefore like to request the addition of a "pause/resume" button during the comparison process, so we can temporarily suspend the comparison to briefly free the hard disk while we do other tasks.

If that's not possible, perhaps a way for FFS to save checkpoints/progress of comparison up to that point so it can be restarted where it left off? LMF5000, 30 Mar 2018, 09:59

+1 For this feature!