Task Scheduling Issues

Get help for specific problems

nibz

I have been able to successfully create and run a batch, and even schedule a task to run as my user.
i would like to create a task to run whether or not someone is logged in to the machine.
The machine in question is a Win7 machine that is domain joined.
The source directory is on the Win7 machine. The destination is on a NAS (also domain joined)
I have created a user with both local admin and domain admin permissions for testing purposes and will restrict access later. this user has full admin rights to both the Win7 machine and the NAS.
When logged in as this user, the scheduled task runs fine. When logged off or logged in as another user, the task launches but fails to actually move any files. I have seen other posts here suggesting to enable "Run whether user is logged on or not" and disable "run with highest privileges" - but this does not seem to make a difference.

does anyone have any suggestions? this is not a critical process or anything, but would definately simplify an otherwise dauntingly annoying task

Thanks in advance for the help!

nibz

Looks like i was able to find a few issues - so for those of you that may run into similar problem - here is what i did

I was using a mapped drive as the destination, which is per user
i changed the batch to use the IP of the NAS instead, also works with DNS names

The user, even though it was set as local admin, did not have access to the root of c:\ - which is where the batch file was placed, which prevent FFS from executing the batch
i moved the batch to the user's desktop for testing, and it worked - then added permissions for that user to c:\

i intend to have this user account set to non-interactive as it will be an admin service account with rotating credentials - i expect this to break something with the process and will post back if it does
Otherwise, hope this helps!

nibz

PS - it works with the user set as a non-interactive user in GPO :-)