Sync Creates Folder Without Permissions

Get help for specific problems

zed

Hi
If I choose to Sync a folder (with ACL copying selected) to another folder that doesn't exist, FreeFileSync complains that the folder does not exist and that it will be created. However, the folder that FFS creates does not have the same permissions as source folder. The underlying files do however get copied with correct ACL. Is there something that I am doing incorrectly? Or is there a workaround?
Many Thanks

Darwyn

I had this problem too. I had to first launch the program as Administrator then go to Tool, Options and select the option to copy the file permissions with the files. This is what I found in the FAQ's:

Copying NTFS permissions is not needed in general and is best left disabled. Go to Menu → tools → options and ensure permission copying is unchecked.
If you are an administrator and really need to preserve DACL, SACL, Owner and Group permissions, make sure the FreeFileSync process is running with admin rights.

That solved the majority of my problem. Hope it helps you.
Site Admin

Zenju

However, the folder that FFS creates does not have the same permissions as source folder. zed, 19 Apr 2018, 09:31
Fixed! Permission copy now applies to base folder creation, too:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bbg9ryy1dg28x95/FreeFileSync_10.1_%5BBeta%5D_Windows_Setup.exe

zed

Fixed! Permission copy now applies to base folder creation, too:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bbg9ryy1dg28x95/FreeFileSync_10.1_%5BBeta%5D_Windows_Setup.exe
Works Well! Much Appreciated and Many Thanks!

Chuanist

The link given and quoted above no longer works. I just had 1,800 permission errors during a folder sync between a user folder on the C: drive and an external hard drive connected to the local network router.

I would very much like to know how launch free file sync as an administrator, if that is required to copy all of the files on the internal hard drive to the folder on the NAS drive.