Open Command Prompt window

Get help for specific problems

alanbo

What I cannot figure out from the manual or forum posts is this: when RealTimeSync is running there is a command window running with this text in it: C:\windows\System32>"c:\program files\freefilesync\RealTimeSync.exe" "c:\myscripts\MyRealTimeSyncSetup.ffs_real", and task manager shows the Windows Command Processor with sub processes:

Console Window Host
RealTimeSync - Real-Tme Command Line Launcher
RealTimeSync - Real-Tme Command Line Launcher (32 bit)
Windows Command Processor

Sometimes there are two FreeFileSync - Folder Comparison and Synchronisation processes as well, one 32 bit and one not. Sometimes one or more of these processes are greyed out.

Does this command window have to stay open? If I close it then all the processes are terminated, and no sync occurs. Why are there two RealTimeSync and FreeFileSync processes - one sometimes greyed out? Is there any way that this popup window can be suppressed?
Site Admin

Zenju

When you set things up as explained here, there shouldn't be any console window:
https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=realtimesync

> two FreeFileSync processes
One is just the launcher for 32/64 bit executable selection.

alanbo

OK thanks for that, Zenju.

One more question: the RealTimeSync icon in the taskbar has a message "Waiting until all directories are available". I'm currently syncing 2 PCs - I may want to sync 3 PCs in the future. Does this message mean that all 3 PCs would need to be on for sync to occur, or will sync occur if only 2 of the PCs are on, i.e. some directories are available, not all directories are available?