Failed Update

Get help for specific problems

BristolPete

Hi!
I had a donation edition of FreeFileSync, but when I tried to update to version 10 the update failed and I lost everything.
I've now downloaded the plain version of 10, but I would like the donation edition back

chickpea

I've followed the update link from 9.8 - it downloaded 10.1, *said* it had installed it, but when I started FFS it was still 9.8 - I've even tried to install to a different path, again it claims to have completed the installation, but the new folder is not created and nothing is updated.
Site Admin

Zenju

but the new folder is not created and nothing is updated. chickpea, 04 Jun 2018, 13:45
Sounds like a job for Process Monitor: https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#trace
Site Admin

Zenju

update failed and I lost everything. BristolPete, 03 Jun 2018, 20:00
What does this even mean? => Process Monitor
I've now downloaded the plain version of 10, but I would like the donation edition back BristolPete, 03 Jun 2018, 20:00
So just install it again, no? (You should have backed up your installer, but even if not you still have the confirmation email with the download link)

chickpea

but the new folder is not created and nothing is updated. chickpea, 04 Jun 2018, 13:45
Sounds like a job for Process Monitor: https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#trace Zenju, 04 Jun 2018, 21:37
I've rebooted, and I've managed to install 10.1 in the original folder. I then made a donation and downloaded the new file, but that has the same problem; doesn't install, though it says it has.
Is it actually a different .exe, or can I just copy the key file to the start folder?

chickpea

If I can't get the donation edition, that will be my last donation. I've donated several times before, never had an issue like this.
Site Admin

Zenju

Again, follow the link above and install while Process Monitor is running. Then we'll see what we've got.