CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT when comparing ftp folders containing large number of images.

Get help for specific problems

MarkB

I would like to mirror a local folder to an ftp server. The root folder contains 5 additional folders, each containing roughly 50000 files. During the compare phase I receive an error indicating:
Cannot open directory "ftp://xxx.xxx.com/xxx/xxx/xxx".

CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT: server response timeout
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||55232|) [curl_easy_perform]
This message appears fairly quickly, certainly before it has had the time to receive the directory listing for even one of these folders. Is there a way to extend the timeout to allow for the longer time required to get the directory listing prior to needing it to performing the comparison?
Site Admin

Zenju

Which FFS version are you using? The current FTP time out is 10 seconds (not yet user-configurable) per each individual FTP access until aborting with failure. Does this access take longer than 10 seconds?

MarkB

I am currently using version 10.1, which is the most recent version. Pulling the initial folder listing does take longer than 10 seconds. I just used Filezilla to connect to the ftp server and tried to load one of the directories. In this particular case the directory on the ftp server has 50132 files in it. My Filezilla is set to timeout after 60 seconds, which it did the first time it tried to load the directory listing. It then retried pulling the directory listing and on the second attempt pulled the listing in 43 seconds. I also tried reuploading the folder and it took just over 1 minute to get the directory list and do the comparison to prompt me that there were matching files and asking how I would like to handle the existing files. This is the part that seems to be triggering the timeout, so in my case I would likely try setting this value to be 120 seconds to add a bit of additional time. Is this a setting that can be made available as a user configurable value? Is it planned to be added in a future version? Or, is there a way to override this value?
Site Admin

Zenju

Timeouts for FTP and SFTP connections can now be entered in the cloud folder picker: viewtopic.php?t=5664

MarkB

The Beta version posted in the forum post you provided is working for me. I've added additional comments to that post.