Problem with the FFS "Manual" Pages - They're Missing

Discuss new features and functions

Radish

Is it just me? I just visited the FFS Manual pages and all that is displayed is one topic the 'basic overview' page. Seems everything else is missing. Tabs to other topics completely missing. https://freefilesync.org/manual.php
Site Admin

Zenju

I've just finished some work in this area of the website. There is now more room at the top and it's possible to view the complete manual on a single page.

On a related note:
The old CHM-manual that shipped with FreeFileSync and that probably nobody ever used will be gone with the next FreeFileSync release. The web site's manual is being linked to by the FFS app, so is there any need to include it in the FFS installation bundle, e.g. as a PDF? Maybe for people without access to the internet (if these exist)?

Radish

Do we have crossed-wire here? I was referring to the "Manual" pages at the website. Even now I only get a single page to view -- the "quick start" page. No tabs to read any other topic at all. And definitely nothing to indicate that the manual can be read on a single page now. There is just that one page shown in the browser.

As for not including a manual with the download of FFS, I think that is a very bad idea. People without home access to the web do exist -- I, from time to time, would fit into that category. I do know people that use computers that also have no access to the internet at home on a permanent basis, they simply can't afford it. So I think including some kind of manual is pretty well essential. That's my vote on that one.

Radish

Oh, damn! I tried again and see it now. Seems that you've expanded the webpage horizontally and I don't use my browser in full-screen display, hence why I was missing what you have done. My comment on that is bad move, Zenju. You are not the only one doing this, using more horizontal space on webpages, it seems to be starting to become more common and is a BIG, BIG MISTAKE on the part of website coders. This habit is one of my pet-hates for browsing nowadays. I doubt I'll be the only one that will miss what you have done as an "improvement" to the Manual pages. Arrgh!!!!!!!!!!