Modification Time for MTP

Get help for specific problems

EnduringGuerila

I cannot get FreeFileSync to properly copy Creation Date and Modification Time for the files mirrored to my phone (Note 9 512GB). Nearly every single file gets flagged to be recopied to my phone because the Mod time for the files matches the creation date which is whenever I started the last sync.

I do not have this issue syncing to my Linux server (raid5 formatted to ntfs) with the same settings, only my phone so I don't think Android file system is the issue. I know MTP isn't the best and I have tried other programs but most don't support MTP at all.

I am just trying to keep my large music collection updated on my phone. I update the tags, covers, whatever from time to time and just want my phone kept up to date.
Site Admin

Zenju

Android doesn't allow setting the modification time (technically it would be possible, but Android simply denies access) You'll see a corresponding warning in the sync log.

EnduringGuerila

I finally got an app on my phone (SMBSync2) to do it wirelessly which is better in the long run but it takes forever to initially sync. The app is setting the creation date the same as the original, not sure about the modification time yet.