How to skip files (bug?)

Get help for specific problems

Sander Bouwhuis

I do a blanket backup of my C: drive, but always get errors like this:
12:42:18    Error    Cannot copy file
        "\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\edb.jtx" to
        "G:\C\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\edb.ba6a.ffs_tmp".
        Error Code 2: The system cannot find the file specified. [CopyFileEx]
12:42:20    Error    Cannot copy file
        "\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\edbtmp.jtx" to
        "G:\C\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\edbtmp.cbc1.ffs_tmp".
12:42:25    Error    Cannot copy file
        "\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb" to
        "G:\C\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.4d5a.ffs_tmp".
12:42:26    Error    Cannot copy file
        "\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.jfm" to
        "G:\C\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.7bfa.ffs_tmp".
12:42:26    Error    Cannot copy file
        "C:\Users\Bouwhuis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\MicrosoftEdge.exe" to
        "G:\C\Users\Bouwhuis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\MicrosoftEdge.ecf7.ffs_tmp".
        Error Code 1920: The file cannot be accessed by the system. [CopyFileEx]
12:42:29    Error    Cannot copy file
        "C:\Users\Bouwhuis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe" to
        "G:\C\Users\Bouwhuis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.0f16.ffs_tmp".
        Error Code 1920: The file cannot be accessed by the system. [CopyFileEx]
I tried to get rid of them by adding an exclude filter.
I tried this:
"\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\edb.jtx"
"\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\edbtmp.jtx"
"\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb"
"\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.jfm"
And I tried this:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\edb.jtx
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\edbtmp.jtx
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.jfm
But, it doesn't work. FFS keeps stopping on these files. The problem is that I want to make a backup, and then walk away. Now, I can't because somewhere during the backup it stops.
Site Admin

Zenju

Your exclude filter syntax is incorrect. But don't bother with it, just ignore all errors during the first sync, and right-click and exclude the remaining files on the main dialog.

Sander Bouwhuis

The problem is, I want to do a backup and WALK AWAY. If I walk away and after 10 mins it gives me this error then when I come back the next morning the backup is NOT done.

Edit:
Ok, now I understand what you meant. AFTER doing a backup, the files that were skipped remain in the list. THEN you can select them and right click and choose to add them to the exclude filter.

Now FFS seems to properly skip them.
Thank you!

PS
Why did you remove the ad from the installer? Nobody minded having an ad in there, but everybody hated the fact that you installed adware/malware with the installer (Candy something or other).
Site Admin

Zenju

Errors are fixed in newer FFS: viewtopic.php?t=7327