Problem to FTP access to Freenas

Get help for specific problems

dnut

Hello There,
I'm having problems to access via FTP to a Freenas Machine.

I can do it correctly via SFTP but not via FTP.
When I try to access via FTP I'm confined to CHROOT even chroot option in the Freenas machine is deactivated.
If I try to correctly access to Freenas via Filezilla it works perfectly. Attachment FFS2

Tried to input the absolute path in Freeflie Sync but it answers me as attached FFS1

If I try to browse for the folder in the Freenas through FFS it answres me as in the attachment FFS3

I'm using FFS to perform Disaster Recovery sincing the entire NAS to a USB HDD from a client.
In the meanwhile I'm using FTPS as workaround, but it's waaaay slower (even if tuned)

Any idea
Thank you
Daniele
Donation Version 10.9
Attachments
FFS3.JPG
FFS3.JPG (42.79 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
FFS2.JPG
FFS2.JPG (37 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
FFS1.JPG
FFS1.JPG (45.19 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
Site Admin

Zenju

I suspect that the "/mnt" folder is hidden, therefore not shown in the FFS folder picker which starts at the root. Manually inserting "/mnt" in the cloud config dialog should work in this case.

Not sure though what you did in FFS1.jpg so that FFS tries to create the "/mnt" folder although it already exists.

dnut

Hi,
no, mnt is not hidden.
No matter the path I insert it doesn't work. FFS just see home folder as in FFS3.jpg

In FFS1.jpg I'm just trying to mirror the nas folder /mnt/zvol/temp to a local folder
Site Admin

Zenju

I was able to reproduce the problem on my side with FreeNAS. libcurl defaults to user-home-relative paths during folder traveral while FreeNAS also supports root-relative paths, so there is a little communication problem regarding what a path represents. Fixed by forcing curl to always use root-relative paths.

While at it I've also added support for detecting FTP home paths in the folder picker:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxhbuc2sak223h6/FreeFileSync_10.10_Windows_Setup.exe

dnut

Hi,
that's great!

FFS 10.10 works like a charm with FTP now.

Really really thanks