Error Code 5: Access denied (OpenProcess) ...

Get help for specific problems

volker01

... Process information can not be read.
When i start freefilesync.batch within a Shutdownscript.
Windows 7 and FreefileSync 7.7.
In Windows 8.1 there is no Error.
Site Admin

Zenju

Are you somehow able to reproduce the problem without shutting the system down or have steps I could reproduce the problem on my end?

volker01

Hello Zenju,
it's not so easy, because a Shutdownskript runs with System-rights. I can't make a dump with ProcessExplorer, it closes after 3 sec. I have a dump created with the microsoft taskmanager.
It's 90MB, (compressed 30MB). Maybe you can reproduce: Make a batch, with - for example: Start /Wait "" "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreefileSync.exe" "C:\Scripts\ffs\blitzve\users.ffs_batch". open gpedit.msc, goto computersettings, windows, skripts, shutdown and add this batch, goto administrative templates, system, scripts, show scripts at logoff. In FFS i mirror C:\users. "Copy locked files" is aktivated. Restart computer, the script should start and start ffs ...

Happy New Year and best wishes.
Site Admin

Zenju

Can you reproduce the issue when you change your test case in such a way so that the computer does not shut down? (so that it can be analyzed?) Maybe you can schedule it for a different event other than shut down?
Site Admin

Zenju

I'm able to reproduce the issue! Still investigating, but the problem will be fixed in the next release.